July 4, 2023
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us as we cleanup Cowell Beach on the 4th of July! Our goal with this cleanup is to get out there after the busy pre-holiday weekend and before we conduct our Pollution Prevention Outreach that same day.
Please meet volunteers at the base of the stairs to Cowell Beach. There is limited parking, with water and restrooms available on site.
Please be sure to:
- Ensure that all participants sign a City of Santa Cruz waiver and submit to SOS staff after the cleanup. Anyone under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardians signature and must have adult supervision throughout the event.
- Encourage participants to collect data by using the free Save Our Shores Marine Tally App (Apple, Google) or by using a data card and filling out this form.
- Please remain at or near the check-in table for the duration of the event to welcome any late-comers or to welcome back folks who finish early.
- Complete an Event Report Back form and send to staff after.
- Record your hours.
- Return your supplies to the office ASAP and clean your buckets.