April 2, 2022
9:00 am - 11:00 am
Lead volunteers to clean up this beautiful beach near Big Sur! Help preserve this diverse ecosystem!
Meet in the dirt pull out on the south-bound side of Hwy 1, approximately 16 mi south of Rio Rd. There is a bus stop nearby as well as designated parking for Garrapata State Beach. Please make sure to exercise caution as there are some steep hills.
Please be sure to:
- Ensure that all participants sign an SOS volunteer waiver and CA State Parks waiver submit to SOS staff after the cleanup. Anyone under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardians signature and must have adult supervision throughout the event.
- Encourage participants to collect data by using the free Save Our Shores Marine Tally App (Apple, Google) or by using a data card and filling out this form.
- Please remain at or near the check-in table for the duration of the event to welcome any late-comers or to welcome back folks who finish early.
- Complete an Event Report Back form and send to staff after.
- Record your hours.
- Return your supplies to the office ASAP and clean your buckets.