Sanctuary Steward Refresher Course
February 13, 2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This February, we would like to host a refresher training course for all of our existing Sanctuary Stewards. We will review the SOS Mission and 3 pillars, and provide a how-to crash course for cleanups, outreach, dockwalking, and more!
We hope this training will help to revitalize the Sanctuary Steward community, increase support, provide our stewards with the tools and knowledge to be successful and confident leading events, and to build connections between existing stewards so that you can get to know one another and volunteer together!
This Refresher will take place on February 13th from 6pm-8pm at our office (345 Lake Ave. Suite A, Santa Cruz). Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
- Overview of Programs & Staff
- Brief review of SOS Mission, History and 3 pillars
- Beach & River Cleanups, including Brand Audit review (how-to)
- Outreach & Tabling Events, including pollution prevention outreach (how-to)
- Brief review of other programs including: Dockwalking & storm drain marking
- We will also try to address the specific questions that were indicated on the survey. Please bring all your questions on the night of so we can discuss together!